LAST UPDATED: April 25, 2022
Solution Tree Inc. is concerned about the safety and privacy of all Users and others, particularly students, affected by the Platform. Therefore, Users shall adhere to requirements under specific federal and state laws applicable to those involving student information, including but not limit to The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99).
You may not share your login with others or project the Platform for others to see/use. Licenses are individual in nature and should only be used as such. Sharing your login or projecting content for others could lead to loss of your subscription.
You hereby authorize Solution Tree to use and/or authorize others to use all or part of your Postings in any manner, format, or medium that Solution Tree or such other parties see fit. You shall have no claim or other recourse against Solution Tree for infringement of any proprietary right in Postings.
You may not use the Platform:
- in any way that breaches any applicable law or regulations;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any individual in any way;
- to send, receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards set out below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
These content standards (“Content Standards”) apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Platform (“Contributions”).
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the United States and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person or which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote violent or sexually explicit material;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be false, inaccurate or likely to deceive or mislead any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
Solution Tree reserves the right at any time to suspend the Platform, or any part thereof, with or without notice, for the purpose of performing maintenance. You agree that Solution Tree will not issue fee adjustments or refunds and will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Platform, or any part thereof.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
The entire content of the Platform and any supporting software are the proprietary property of Solution Tree and/or its licensors and are protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. The reproduction, redistribution, modification, or publication of any part of the Platform without the express written consent of Solution Tree and/or its licensors is strictly prohibited.
You agree not to display, disparage, dilute, or taint our trademarks or use any confusing similar marks or use our trademarks in such a way that would misrepresent the ownership of such marks. Any permitted use of our trademarks by you shall be to the benefit of Solution Tree.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
1) YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE PLATFORM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. SOLUTION TREE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
2) SOLUTION TREE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT
- THE PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS,
- THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE,
- THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PLATFORM WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE,
- THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND
- ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE PLATFORM WILL BE CORRECTED.
3) ANY MATERIAL UPLOADED/DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED, FROM THE PLATFORM IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK; SOLUTION TREE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE, FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS, OR CORRUPTION, OF DATA UPLOADED OR INPUTTED BY YOU THROUGH THE USE OF THE PLATFORM, AND ALL SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION AND ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF THE PLATFORM.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLUTION TREE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE OR DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM:
- THE LOSS OF DATA AND/OR THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PLATFORM;
- THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE PLATFORM;
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE PLATFORM; OR
- ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PLATFORM.
Exclusions and Limitations
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Solution Tree always welcomes suggestions and comments regarding the Platform from Users. Any comments or suggestions submitted to the Platform or Solution Tree, either online or offline will become Solution Tree’s property upon their submission. This policy is intended to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects developed by Solution Tree might seem to others to be similar to their own submissions or comments.